Key Action 2 - Capacity-building in the Field of Higher Education 2015.
“Creation of the Graduate Curricula in Peace Studies in Georgia”
The main objectives of the project are the following:
- To provide targeted Georgian faculties with capacity development measures to meet European standards aligned with the Bologna process;
- To implement Peace Studies modules integrated in relevant academic programs at Georgian partner universities;
- To equip Georgian universities with modern learning resources;
- To provide wide opportunities for Georgian students via internships and EU research mobility programs;
- To establish the Institute for Peace Studies on the premises of Caucasus University and to build networks among the universities;
- To promote peace studies research by conducting International Peace Conference in Tbilisi and launching scholarly journal in Peace Studies;
- To further raise awareness and understanding of peace processes in conflict-affected regions of Georgia by conducting trainings for regional university students;
Coordinating institution: Dublin City University (DCU) - Ireland
Project Partners: Caucasus University (CU) - Georgia, Trinity College Dublin (TCD) - Ireland, Universität Innsbruck (UI) - Austria, Ulster University (UU) - United Kingdom, Ilia State University (ISU) - Georgia, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU) - Georgia, Sokhumi State University (SSU) - Georgia, Georgia’s Reforms Associates, Georgian Foundation for Strategic and International Studies, Office of State Minister for Reconciliation and Civic Equality (Associated Partner),Tbilisi Teaching University (TTU) (Associated Partner) - Georgia.