Title of the Program: PhD in Economics
Duration: 3 years
Teaching Language: English
Content: 180 ECTS credits
Overview of the Program:
Caucasus University has wide experience of conducting PhD programs over the years. The University delivers PhD program in partnership with foreign counterparts for more than 10 years. Upon foundation of Doctoral School English taught PhD program in Economics was established.
PhD program in Economics belongs to third level educational system and its aim is to prepare researcher, who will possess deep theoretical and analytical skills to plan and carry out independent research in the field of Economics.
PhD program is oriented to train a researcher with the specialization in the field of macroeconomics, while ensuring that doctoral student also possesses well-rounded knowledge of microeconomics. The program aims the graduate to contribute to the intellectual community, be able to analyze and evaluate academic work of one’s own as well as others. PhD program is oriented to prepare graduates who will be aware of ethical conduct of academic research and professional activities. The graduate of the program will receive academic degree of PhD in Economics
Degree Awarded: PhD in Economics
PhD in Economics
Teaching process is structured around semesters. All teaching components last one semester. A semester consists of calendar weeks. Each week comprises contact hours, as well as, hours for independent work. Semester may include 2 or 16 calendar weeks. The number of weeks for each semester is planned individually according to each cohort.
PhD in Economics program consists of teaching component (60 ECTS credits) and research component (120 ECTS credits). Program`s teaching component includes mandatory seminars and methodological courses (34 ECTS credits), optional seminar (6 ECTS credits) and teaching and assistantship (20 ECTS credits). Doctoral student can choose one of the elective seminars offered by the program. Research component comprises a Dissertation. Before Dissertation doctoral student is required to participate in academic scientific conference (present conference paper himself/herself) on relevant topic of Dissertation.
For detailed information refer to the program curriculum.
Admission Procedures of PhD Programs:
- Required document submission
- English language exam of B2 level (Information about the exam)
- Math test (Information about the test)
- Interview with admission committee
Papers to be submitted for PhD program:
- Application Form (download from the link)
- Master’s Degree Diploma or equivalent notarized photocopy. An applicant must be a graduate from an accredited higher educational program
- Diploma Transcript notarized photocopy
- English Language Certificate of B2 level or Bachelor or Master Diploma of English program (if such proof/certificate is not presented, applicant will have to undergo an exam
- Statement of Purpose (in English)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (in English)
- Resume (in English)
- ID card photocopy
- Military certificate (only for Georgian citizens)
- Two printed photos and burnt on the disc
Tuition Fee and Scholarship:
- Three-year PhD program tuition fee is 9,000 Gel. (Tuition fee for non-Georgian residents can be found here)
- Tuition fee payments are done in two equal parts. First year – 4,500 Gel and the second year also – 4,500 Gel.
- Upon completion of the first year due to academic excellence students will be able to obtain Caucasus Doctoral School grant of 4,500 Gel, therefor this grant will cover the rest of the tuition fee.
- Application Deadline – 14 September, 2019
- English Language Exam – 19 September, 2019
- Math Exam – 21 September, 2019
- Interview with Admission Committee – 24-25 September, 2019
Program Open Days / Meeting with Dean:
13 July, 2019 at 18:00
25 July, 2019 at 18:00
For the registration on the open day, please, follow the link
Please, present your documentation on the following address: Caucasus University, Paata Saakadze str. 1, room: D 37
Head of the PhD Program in Economics
Tel.: (+995 32) 237 77 77
Cel.: 595 331984
Co-head of the PhD Program in Economics
Tel.: (+995 32) 237 77 77
Cel.: 555 164978
Tel.: (+995 32) 237 77 77 (458)
Mob.: (+995) 599 555 644
Tel.: (+995 32) 237 77 77 (457)
Cel.: 577 697188