Title of the Program: PhD in Management
Duration: 3 years
Teaching Language: English
Content: 180 ECTS credits
Overview of the Program:
Caucasus University has wide experience of conducting PhD programs over the years. The University delivers PhD program in Business Administration in partnership with foreign counterparts for more than 10 years. Upon foundation of Doctoral School PhD program in Management was established.
PhD program in Management belongs to third level educational system and its aim is to prepare researcher, who will possess deep theoretical knowledge and methodological skills necessary to conduct a research.
PhD program is oriented to prepare a researcher, who will be able to plan and conduct a research independently, to create new knowledge and to develop in doctoral students best teaching methods and knowledge transfer skills. The program also aims to prepare graduates, who adhere to principles of academic integrity and are able to integrate themselves in the various fields of academic society internationally. The graduate of the program will receive academic degree of PhD in Management.
Degree Awarded: PhD in Management
PhD in Management
Teaching process is structured around semesters. All teaching components last one semester. A semester consists of calendar weeks. Each week comprises contact hours, as well as, hours for independent work. Semester may include 2 or 16 calendar weeks. The number of weeks for each semester is planned individually according to each cohort.
PhD in Management program consists of teaching component (60 ECTS credits) and research component (120 ECTS credits). Program`s teaching component includes mandatory seminars and methodological courses (34 ECTS credits), optional seminar (6 ECTS credits) and teaching and assistantship (20 ECTS credits). Doctoral student can choose one of the elective seminars offered by the program. Research component comprises a Dissertation. Before Dissertation doctoral student is required to participate in academic scientific conference (present conference paper himself/herself) on relevant topic of Dissertation.
For detailed information refer to the program curriculum.
Admission Procedures of PhD Programs:
- Required document submission
- English language exam of B2 level (Information about the exam)
- Math test (Information about the test)
- Interview with admission committee
Papers to be submitted for PhD program:
- Application Form (download from the link)
- Master’s Degree Diploma or equivalent notarized photocopy. An applicant must be a graduate from an accredited higher educational program
- Diploma Transcript notarized photocopy
- English Language Certificate of B2 level or Bachelor or Master Diploma of English program (if such proof/certificate is not presented, applicant will have to undergo an exam)
- Statement of Purpose (in English)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (in English)
- Resume (in English)
- ID card photocopy
- Military certificate (only for Georgian citizens)
- Two printed photos and burnt on the disc
Tuition Fee and Scholarship:
- Three-year PhD program tuition fee is 9,000 Gel. (Tuition fee for non-Georgian residents can be found here)
- Tuition fee payments are done in two equal parts. First year – 4,500 Gel and the second year also – 4,500 Gel.
- Upon completion of the first year due to academic excellence students will be able to obtain Caucasus Doctoral School grant of 4,500 Gel, therefor this grant will cover the rest of the tuition fee.
- Application Deadline – 14 September, 2019
- English Language Exam – 19 September, 2019
- Math Exam – 21 September, 2019
- Interview with Admission Committee – 24-25 September, 2019
Program Open Days / Meeting with Dean:
- 20 June, 2019 at 19:00
- 22 June, 2019 at 18:00
13 July, 2019 at 18:00
27 July, 2019 at 18:00
For the registration on the open day, please, follow the link
Please, present your documentation on the following address: Caucasus University, Paata Saakadze str. 1, room: D 37
Head of the PhD Program in Management
Tel.: (+995 32) 237 77 77 (214)
Mob.: 599 457040
Tel.: (+995 32) 237 77 77 (458)
Mob.: (+995) 599 555 644
Tel.: (+995 32) 237 77 77 (457)
Mob.: 577 697188