Vice Prime Minister of Georgia, Minister of Education and Science, Mr. Aleksandre Jejelava visited the new building of the Caucasus University. Having surveyed the building together with the President of the University Mr. Kakha Shengelia, the Minister noted that this project would be one of the largest in infrastructure and in premises in Georgia. The Minister emphasized it would attract more foreign students to the country and would facilitate to development of Georgian educational system in general.
Currently the renovation works are under way. The new building will start functioning from the new academic year.
Built in 1909, the new building of the Caucasus University is pretty old – for many years it was a house of a theological seminar renowned throughout the Caucasus.