Caucasus University is announcing a vacancy for the position of Library Director.
- Develop strategies, ideas and projects focused on the development of the library;
- Agreeing on a list of textbooks, mandatory and optional literature for training courses, ensuring placement with schools and their libraries;
- Lead the process of updating the library catalog;
- Receive, process and record books in electronic catalogs in the library;
- Negotiate with suppliers of electronic and printed resources;
- Periodic accounting of inventory and inventory control;
- Organize meetings with students and academic staff in order to fully utilize electronic resources and encourage their consumption at the University;
- Conducting coordinated activities with the University Publishing House and the bookstore;
- Participate in the authorization / accreditation process;
- Take appropriate measures, improve the material and technical base of the library and protect the library funds in order to create appropriate conditions in the library;
- Supervise the performance of the library staff;
- Prepare quarterly / annual report on the implemented activities;
- Perform other functions and duties provided for the position of the supervisor.
- Higher education. Preferably in business administration, management, education management or related fields;
- Relevant special training in library work and at least 2 (two) years of experience working in this field;
- Experience working in electronic information and digital library resources is desirable;
- Experience in writing grant proposals is desirable;
- Knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of computer programs: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint,
- High sense of responsibility;
- Ability to manage time efficiently;
- Organizational skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Hard working and energetic;
- Punctual and disciplined.
- Full-time work days from Monday to Saturday (short work day on Saturday);
- Remuneration: according to the candidate's qualification and experience;
- Test period: 3 months.
If you are interested, please send your resume (CV) in Georgian and English (in the resume, be sure to indicate a recommender's name, surname and contact information) and cover letter (should indicate why you are interested in this vacancy and what qualifications you have to help you do the job) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject line of the e-mail: "Library Director".
Deadline for submission of documents: June 25, 2020.
Note: Caucasus University reserves the right to verify the information provided by you and contact only candidates who have passed stage II.