We would like to inform you that a competition has been announced within the framework of The Civil Society Scholar Awards (CSSA), which invites doctoral students and university professors to work on academic projects.
CSSA prefers scientific-research applications, the topics of which will be:
- Protection against growing authoritarianism;
- Sustainable development, impact of the climate and mitigation of climate change;
- Economic justice and workers' rights;
- Information democracy;
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the applicant's home country or region.
CSSA will fund researchers’ applications in the social sciences and humanities.
Scholars will be selected through academic achievement and active involvement in the life of the local community to protect the values of the open community. The applicant may submit only one project per year. The project can last from 3 to 10 months.
The amount of funding required should not exceed $ 15,000.
The applicant must submit:
- Completed application form;
- The latest version of CV;
- A copy of the passport identification page;
- For PhD applicants - scanned mark sheet/transcript or final evaluation of the highest obtained degree For professor-teacher and PhD applicants - the results of the first year of study;
- Invitation letter from the professor of the relevant field or the senior administrator of the institution, where the applicant must conduct research within the project (scanned and attached to the application form).
PhD students must submit:
- An official letter from an academic institution confirming the status of their enrollment
- Personal recommendation letter
- Academic recommendation letter
Professor-teacher applicants must submit:
- An official letter from the employer confirming the applicant's right to be temporarily dismissed for the required time;
- Academic letter of recommendation from the applicant's superior colleague
The deadline for applications is July 22, 2020, 19:59 Tbilisi time.
It is recommended to send the application online.
For more information, please see the attached document.