Caucasus University is pleased to announce applications for the United Nations Semester Program at the Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA, for the 2019 Spring semester. Undergraduate students of Caucasus School of Governance can participate in the program.
Under the UN Semester program, students must complete two compulsory subjects:
- POLS_3201_21 (85140) Developing a Sustainability Mindset in a Globalized World
- POLS_3202_21 (85141) The United Nations and Global Governance
Under the FDU exchange program, students also have the opportunity to register for 4 elective courses and earn additional credits during the semester. Please note that FDU credit per subject corresponds to 3 ECTS; Compulsory and optional subject credits total 18 ECTS (maximum 6 subjects). Upon completion of the semester, credits obtained at FDU will be recognized in accordance with the CU program.
Students at Caucasus University are exempted from the tuition fees at FDU. Students only pay extra if the course they choose includes cultural or practical excursions, visits and meetings at various NGOs or institutions.
Students only cover the cost of participating in the UN program and living, nutrition and insurance costs at FDU in the following amounts:
- United Nations Semester Program Cost: $ 475
- Housing (student dormitory): $ 2,303
- Medical insurance: $ 980
- Nutrition: 2,303
- Bilateral airline fees
United Nations semester program dates are: January 22 - May 15.
Active students applying for the program must submit the following documents in English:
- Copy of ID card / passport
- Filled CV (in English)
- International Certificate of Foreign Language Proficiency (IELTS-6.0 / TOEFL - 78 / Cambridge Language Certificate - Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) Level); Or you must pass an FDU internal language proficiency test.
- Copy of your grades
- Motivation letter
- 1 Letter of Recommendation from the Faculty (Letter of Recommendation may be issued by the Dean of the School, the Program Director or the Lecturer of Professional Subjects)
The following cannot participate in the competition:
- Bachelor’s first year and graduate students;
The flowing applications won’t be reviewed:
- Ones that do not meet the requirements set out in the Framework Agreement and the Regulations of Caucasus University Department of Foreign Relations
- Applications that are incomplete or inconsistent with the established requirements
- Applications submitted late or in stages will not be considered
Candidates should submit their application electronically by November 25, 2018 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed by the Caucasus University Competition Commission
- The commission will nominate the selected candidates
- The commission will provide the receiving university with information / documents on selected candidates
- Student Selection by the Receiving University
For more information, please contact the Caucasus University Department of Foreign Relations, 2nd Floor, Room B25.