On April 12, an official ceremony of opening of the new Caucasus University campus was held.
The ceremony was attended by the President of Georgia, the Minister of Education, the chair of the Education, Science and Culture Committee of the Parliament of Georgia, MPs, ambassadors, rectors, professors and invited guests.
President of Georgia, Mr. Giorgi Margvelashvili and government representatives together with the CU President Dr. Kakha Shengelia looked round the campus and addressed the attending audience. Among the speakers were the Secretary General of IAUP Dr. Gerald Reisinger and a founder of Caucasus School of Business Dr. Bijan Fazlollahi.
Caucasus University began a new academic year of 2017-2018 in a new campus which with its infrastructure and up-to-date equipment is one of the largest and most significant higher educational institutions in Georgia and the southern Caucasus. The historic building dating back to 1909 was a home of Armenian Theological Seminary in 1911-1924.