აშშ-ის საელჩო საქართველოში
The U.S. Embassy in Georgia
Media Literacy Program
“CSM for Youth Media Literacy”
The goal of the project is to support democratic reforms in Georgia through improving level of media literacy among youth.
Project activities include:
75 participants of the project from Tbilisi and regions of Georgia will be able to attend trainings led by top journalists and media educators in the country.
“CSM for Youth Media Literacy” will help representatives of young generation to develop needed skills in following areas:
- How to differ from each other propaganda and information
- How to engage relevantly in social networks
- How to get rid of fake news which are streaming from social networks
- How to know the tools of checking doubtable facts
- How to know the world spread practices of propaganda and cyber war
- We will meet school pupils and explain them why and how they should be critical to media content
- Each participant will have permanent online platform that they learn to use during and after training;
- We will create Facebook community from our program beneficiaries – CSM Club and tie them to the community of Caucasus School of Media where students are always active and productive. This will be a club where members can exchange ideas, even criticize media content through the CSM and their own media platforms
- The project will help the Caucasus School of Media to establish network that will serve as a good ground to follow its activities with public schools in future at the university, as well as on the spot – school and regions of participants.
Project starting and finishing dates: 01.10.2018-30.04.2018
Grant holder: Caucasus University (CU) – Georgia