Caucasus University is announcing applications to participate in the United Nations Semester Program at Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA. Undergraduate students of Caucasus School of Governance can participate in the program.
Under the UN Semester program, students must take two compulsory courses:
- POLS_3201_21 (85140) Developing a Sustainability Mindset in a Globalized World
- POLS_3202_21 (85141) The United Nations and Global Governance
As part of the exchange program with FDU, students also have the opportunity to register for 4 elective courses and earn additional credits during the semester. Please note that the credit for each subject of FDU corresponds to 3 ECTS; The total number of credits for compulsory and elective subjects is 18 ECTS (maximum 6 subjects). Upon completion of the semester, the credits obtained at FDU will be recognized in accordance with the current program of Caucasus University.
Caucasus University students are exempted from paying tuition fees at FDU exchange programs. The student pays extra only if the course he/she chooses includes cultural or practical excursions, visits and meetings in various non-governmental organizations or institutions.
The student only covers the fee for participation in the UN program and the cost of living, food and insurance at FDU in the following amounts:
- Cost of the United Nations Semester Program: $ 475
- Accommodation (student dormitory): $ 2,303
- Medical insurance: $ 980
- Meals: 2,303
- Bilateral airfare
The dates of the United Nations semester program are: January 22 - May 15.
Active students wishing to participate in the program must submit the following documents in English:
- Copy of ID card / passport
- CV (in English)
- International Certificate of Foreign Language Proficiency (IELTS- 6.0 / TOEFL - 78 / Cambridge Language Certificate - Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE) Level); Or you may need to take an FDU internal language proficiency test.
- Mark sheet
- Motivation letter
- 1 letter of recommendation from the faculty (the letter of recommendation can be issued by the school dean, the program director or the lecturer of a professional subject)
Cannot participate in the competition:
Freshmen and seniors of any bachelor’s degree.
The following applications won’t be considered:
- Those that do not meet the requirements set out in the Framework Agreement and the Caucasus University Foreign Relations Department for participation in the exchange program
- Applications submitted that are incomplete or inconsistent with established requirements
- Applications submitted late or in stages
Candidates must submit an application electronically by November 25, 2018 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The submitted application documents will be reviewed by the Competition Commission of Caucasus University
- The selected candidates will be nominated by the commission
- The documents/information will be provided to the host university;
- The final selection of students will be done by the host university.
For more information, please contact Caucasus Department of Foreign Affairs, Second Floor, Room B25.