On June 6, training for deepening the knowledge of the bases included in the EBSCO elite packet was held at Caucasus University. 11 bases were covered by representatives of EBSCO Prague Office, Tamila Mirkamalova and of the USA Office Rodni Niborg.
- Academic Search Elite
- International Security & Counter Terrorism Reference Center
- Business Source Elite
- Regional Business News
- MasterFILE Elite
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- Health Source - Consumer Edition
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information
The training was attended by the administrative and academic personnel of Caucasus University who were given insight into the practical details important when searching and processing a particular topic:
- The main dimension (domain) of each base and its coverage, which is unique for each base, e.g.: business, medicine, conflict resolution, political science, teaching methodology, library studies, psychology, sociology, ecology, healthcare and many others.
- Effective ways of indicating any words or needed topics while searching;
- Details of interface of each base which makes working with the base more comfortable: direct links to the articles, sending information to the email, sharing an article or any other type of information in social media, etc.
Similar activities are carried out at Caucasus University within the Erasmus+ Project “INTEGRITY”, which will enable the administrative personnel to use electronic bases effectively and enable library staff to develop student services and encourage students to use electronic bases in the learning process.
The fact that according to statistical figures, Caucasus University is the leader in using EBSCO bases proved by the certificate „The Most Active EBSCO Partner in Georgia 2018” deserves a special mention.