On July 28, within the framework of the project, a cycle of panel discussions on the topic "Development of the country (economy, democracy, peace) and the labor market - challenges of pedagogy 2023" a panel discussion on the topic "Key competences - challenges of teaching social sciences at the primary level" was held in the National Youth and Children's Palace. Additional information about the project can be found at the link.
Representatives of interest groups involved in the system of primary school education took part in the panel discussion: students of pedagogy, teachers representing the school community, parents, principals and also employers. The participants presented their opinions, experiences and visions regarding the topic.
The meeting was held in an interactive mode - the participants had the opportunity to ask questions and make comments.
Panel discussion speakers:
- Employer - Tamaz Daushvili, co-founder and managing partner of "DIO" company;
- Director - Shorena Khukhua, Director of Marneuli #2 Public School;
- Teacher - Mimosa Gholijashvili, civil education/citizenship mentor teacher of Khidistavi Village Public School and Science (Private) School of Gori Municipality, member of the top ten of the 2022 national teacher award;
- Parent - Natia Lomtadze, parent, Tbilisi Public School #55;
- Student - Nino Seturidze, student of Integrated Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Program for Teachers of Primary Education (grades I-VI), Caucasus University.
Panel Discussion Moderators:
- Aluda Goglichidze - Dean of Caucasus Education School, Affiliated Associate Professor;
- Paata Papava - Affiliated Associate Professor of Caucasus University;
- Sofio Bachilava - methodical head of the educational methodical center of the National Palace.
A video recording of the panel discussion will be available on the website of the Caucasus Education School.