On July 31, within the framework of the project cycle of panel discussions on the topic "Development of the country (economy, democracy, peace) and the labor market - challenges of pedagogy 2023", a panel discussion on the topic "Key competences - Peace Education and Parenting at Primary Level" was held at the office of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). Additional information about the project can be found at the link.
Representatives of interest groups involved in the system of primary school education took part in the panel discussion: students of pedagogy, teachers representing the school community, parents, principals and also employers. The participants presented their opinions, experiences and visions regarding the topic.
The meeting was held in an interactive mode - the participants had the opportunity to ask questions and make comments.
Panel discussion speakers:
- Employer - Mikheil Nonikashvili, Head of Digitization Committee of Small and Medium Enterprise Development Association (SMEDA); CEO of Euro-Credit.
- Director - Nona Tsotsoria, director of public school #6 of Abkhazia named after Zhuli Shartava (Kutaisi);
- Teacher - Nano Dashnian, Head of Educational Service of IB Mtiebi;
- Parent - Maia Djibouti, parent, Tbilisi Public School #47;
- Student - Bela Kilasonia, student of Integrated Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Program for Teachers of Primary Education (grades I-VI), Caucasus University.
Panel Discussion Moderators:
- Aluda Goglichidze - Dean of Caucasus Education School, Affiliated Associate Professor;
- Paata Papava - Affiliated Associate Professor of Caucasus University;
- Mariana Khundzakishvili - Education Officer, Inclusive Education Directorate, United Nations Children's Fund.
A video recording of the panel discussion will be available on the website of the Caucasus Education School.