First International Meeting Within the Frames of the ETHICS Project
The first international meeting within the framework of the European Commission Erasmus+ CBHE Programme Structural Reform project - Responsible Conduct of Research – Research Integrity and Ethics in Georgian Universities (ETHICS) was held in Prague from May 2-5th, hosted by Charles University.
Attendees included Kakha Shengelia, the President of Caucasus University, Irena Melua, the Vice President for Internationalization, Akaki Kapanadze, the Director of the Project Management Department, and Tamar Chokoraia, the Head of the Academic Writing Center. Tamar Chokoraia delivered a presentation about CU's academic integrity policy and a first draft of the consortium dissemination plan.
The members of the consortium discussed the project's goals and objectives, the participants' functions, and the action plan. Additionally, European partners shared their experiences regarding research ethics with their Georgian colleagues during the study visit.
Project in Brief:
The aim of the national structural reform project ETHICS is to launch a systemic improvement intervention to improve the quality of University and Research-Performing Organizations (RPOs) research through launching measures to adhere to the foundations of high-quality research and excellence.
Ilia State University
Project EU Partners:
- Free University Amsterdam/ STICHTING VU
- Charles University Prague
- Masaryk University
- European Network for Academic Integrity
Project Georgian HEIs:
- Ilia State University
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Caucasus University Ltd
- David Tvildiani Medical University Llc
- Shota Rustaveli State University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Samtskhe-Javakheti State University
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University
- Georgian Institute of Public Affair Foundation
- E.P.L Apollon Kutateladze Tbilisi State Academy of Art
Project Non – University Partners:
- The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia
- The National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement
- The Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation
For more information about the project please visit the link.