On February 1, at 12:00 - Caucasus University held the defence of Grigol Julukhidze's PhD thesis. Mr. Julukhidze is a student of the International Relations PhD Program. The PhD candidate presented his paper on 'The Impact of Russian Propaganda on the Internal and Foreign Policy of Visegrad States from 2000-2016'.
The scientific supervisor of the thesis was Professor Gia Nodia.
The defence of the thesis was attended by the members of the Commission:
- Eka Akobia, Dean of the Caucasus School of Governance, Associate Professor
- Tornike Turmanidze, Associate Professor at Caucasus University
- Giorgi Muchaidze, Associate Professor at Caucasus University
- Emir Eteria, Associate Professor at Caucasus University
- Sofia Petriashvili, Doctor of International Relations, Associate Professor of TSU, Invited Member of the Commission
- Sergi Kapanadze, PhD Program Director, Professor at Jean Monnet
The PhD student presented the thesis and answered the commission members’ questions.
Reviewers in the field were Zurab Davitashvili, Invited Professor at Caucasus University, Tamar Kintsurashvili, Associate Professor at Ilia State University, Executive Director of Media Development Foundation. They evaluated the work and held a scientific discussion on the topic.
According to the evaluation of the Defence Commission, Grigol Julukhidze successfully defended his thesis and was awarded a Doctor of International Relations degree.