Nowadays Social media has become a popular platform for arts. When speaking about photography, we should by all means mention Instagram. The Photo Project includes photos from “Insta-City” (namely of Tbilisi) as we see it on the Instagram.
37 photos of the project are captured in various styles. I wanted to show how sensations arisen by each part of the city vary sometimes even without people.
The project is divided into five parts:
- ColorCity –colors can be found anywhere even in the most unexpected places.
- GhostCity – there are certain places in the city which without people (and sometimes even with people) create a feeling of gloom and mystery.
- LineShapes- each city has its unique shapes, stripes and lines which are particularly vivid in the buildings.
- PastelCity – there are some moments when we feel we are looking at the city from pink glasses – these are magical moments.
- Topsy-Turvy – the last and the biggest portion comprises 13 photos, each of which can be labeled with each of the above headings, however, there is one topic uniting them – the city seen from the ground. There are many buildings in our city; especially nowadays; even skyscrapers are also being built here and there. When looking up at them from the ground level, we feel the city is far bigger than us; however, the feeling is not depressing, it’s a kind of euphoria we feel when looking at them because it is we who have built them.