Caucasus University and Fairleigh Dickinson University offer a three-year undergraduate program in Computer Science, after which the student will receive a bachelor's degree from both: Caucasus University and Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Unique aspects of the program:
- Joint undergraduate program, which involves obtaining two degrees;
- The three-year undergraduate program;
- Foreign highly qualified lecturers.
- The 3-year undergraduate program covers the first 4 semesters of study in Georgia and the last two (5-6th) semesters, the student continues their studies in FDU, USA.
(200 credits, of which 50 credits are accumulated at Fairleigh Dickinson University).
Degrees to be Awarded:
- Caucasus University - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science;
- Fairleigh Dickinson University - Bachelor of Science.
- Study on a beautiful campus near New York City
- State-of-the-Art Laboratories
- Internship and other practical work experience opportunities
International rankings and accreditation:
- FDU - The largest private university in New Jersey
- FDU - Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- FDU - S. National Security Agency Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
The joint undergraduate program in computer science, with its goals, structure and content, is in compliance with the Law of Georgia on Higher Education, the National Qualifications Framework and Classifier of Study Areas, the mission of Caucasus University. The program consists of foundational and specialized courses that, both independently and in conjunction with each other, develop complex skills defined by learning outcomes and provide the student with a broad knowledge of the field.
The objectives of the Program in Computer Science are to:
- Provide the student with a relatively deep knowledge of theoretical aspects of higher-level learning disciplines than the complete general education, which prepares the person for further study at the Master’s degree program or work with a received qualification.
- Give the student education in Computer Science, based on fundamental theories and principles of mathematics and Computer Science, which will enable him / her to develop professionally and contribute to the development of the field.
- Prepare high-level, competitive specialists with the broad theoretical knowledge and practice-oriented, transferable skills necessary for professional activities in modern CS field in Georgia and abroad as well.
Program graduates will have an opportunity to work in a variety of environments such as industry, media, government, private and business organizations. As a rule, the work of graduates involves the following types of activities: analyzing problems for solutions, formulating and testing, using advanced communications or multimedia equipment, or working in teams for product development.
Examples of job titles of program graduates may include: Software Developer, Computer Communications Specialist, Data Communications Analyst, IT Business Management Consultant, Product Line Manager, Multimedia Developer, Animator etc.
Program code - 1220117